How to Disassemble a Sidekick Slide
- 1). Power off your Sidekick Slide. Turn over the phone and apply pressure on the back cover. Slide the cover off. Lift the battery out of its compartment and lay it aside. If you have a microSD card installed, pry it out of the center of the compartment's bay. Secure the microSD card inside a plastic or glass container.
- 2). Use your screwdriver and unscrew the eight screws on either side of the battery bay. Place the screws inside a plastic container. Lift the Sidekick Slide's side panel off the device.
- 3). Flip the phone over so that its front interface is facing you. Slide the screen up into its open position. Use your screwdriver and unscrew the two screws under the screen. Pull the screen away from the device. Place it aside.
- 4). Insert the tip of a pair of pliers into the small crevice between the front plastic frame and the unit. Gently lift the pliers. The frame will pop out of the unit, exposing the motherboard under the Sidekick Slide's keypad.
- 5). Use your screwdriver to unscrew the single bolt above the keypad. Use your pliers to pry out the thick connector, subsequently unplugging it. The connector will be located in the top-left corner, above the motherboard.
- 6). Gently lift the keyboard off then lift the motherboard out of the unit by the corners.