How to Clean Lorcin L22 Pistols
- 1). Extract the magazine from the gun frame and set it aside. Move the slide to the rear of the pistol's frame, and inspect the chamber of the barrel for live rounds. Point the pistol toward a safe-zone, and depress the trigger. Advance the slide 2 inches in reverse, toward the rear of the frame. Secure the slide in that position with one hand. Force the slide-release button into the rear of the frame using the 1/16 inch flathead screwdriver. Lift the aft end of the slide away from the hind-end of the frame. Cover the firing pin with the thumb of your hand holding the slide; the pin is under pressure. Push the slide off the muzzle end of the Lorcin L22.
- 2). Attach the eye-hole adapter to the .22-caliber cleaning rod. Pull a cleaning patch through the eye-hole adapter, and soak it in gun oil. Slide the cleaning rod into the barrel -- cleaning patch first -- and push it through the other end of the barrel. Pull it back out. Push it back through the other side, and remove. Remove the cleaning patch from the eye-hole adapter and throw it away.
- 3). Put a second cleaning patch through the eye-hole adapter. Slide it into the barrel -- through to the other end -- and pull it back out. Slide it into the barrel a second time -- through to the other end -- and remove it. Remove the cleaning patch from the eye-hole adapter and throw it away.
- 4). Attach the bore-brush to the end of the cleaning rod. Slide the bore-brush into the barrel, allowing the cleaning rod to rotate with the rifling of the barrel. Push the bore-brush out the other end of the rifle. Remove the bore-brush and set it aside.
- 5). Reattach the eye-hole adapter to the cleaning rod. Slide a cleaning patch into it, and soak the patch with gun oil. Slide the cleaning patch end of the cleaning rod into the barrel. Push it through to the other end, and pull it back to the end from which you started. Remove the cleaning patch from the eye-hole adapter and throw it away.
- 6). Slide the last cleaning patch into the eye-hole adapter. Slide the patch end of the rod into the Lorcin L22 barrel. Push the rod through the other side and remove it. Do not remove all the gun oil from the barrel. It protects the inside of the barrel from moisture and corrosion.