How to Make Fake Bread
- 1). Mix 4 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt and 2 cups of water in a mixing bowl.
- 2). Knead this fake bread dough the same way as you would real bread. Put both hands into the dough, fold it into the center and push down. Repeat four to five times so the dough becomes a pliable ball. Stop before the dough becomes stiff. Cooking.com advises baking the fake bread within 20 minutes to prevent the dough from getting cracks.
- 3). Create a loaf by forming the dough into the desired shape.
- 4). Cut a straight line lengthwise down the center of the loaf.
- 5). Bake the fake bread until it browns in an oven set at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Check it at 20 minutes. Adjust the time and temperature for your oven, if necessary.
- 6). Brush craft glue over the top of the fake bread to stimulate the shine from egg white on real bread, if desired. Sprinkle with sesame seeds or other decoration.
- 7). Place a cloth napkin in a bread basket, and display the fake bread in the same way as a real loaf of fresh baked bread.